Custom Timber Frame Homes
Design the perfect timber frame home for you with Woodhouse®
Woodhouse® is flexible with your customization needs and this flexibility begins with the design process. You can use our architectural, design, and drafting team to design your home from scratch or we can work with your own private architect to create your dream timber frame home. Our experienced staff will help you get started.
The Custom Home Design Process:
- Step one: meet with your Regional Project Manager (RPM). Your RPM will meet with you (preferably at your building site) to review your ideas, budget, timing, and to consult on the many choices available to you as you make your dream home a reality.
- Step two: enter into a design agreement with Woodhouse. This is a simply worded document that defines how we will work together to design your home. Included is a detailed design interview and a client handbook that describes the entire process of designing and building your home.
- Step three: sketches and revisions. Over several weeks or months, you and the Woodhouse design team will work closely to get our ideas on papaer and work through an iterative process culminating in contract drawings that reflect the home you wish to build.
- Step four: construction drawings. Upon executing a purchase agreement, we will create the detailed construction documents necessary for permitting and for the ultimate construction of your timber frame home.
During the Woodhouse custom architectural process you will consider costs and the components of the timber frame package. You will be selecting:
- Type and species of timbers
- The style of joinery
- Various floor system options
- Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) for the walls and roof
- Wall and ceiling finishes
- Exterior siding, trim, and roofing options and colors
- Window styles and colors
Download our catalog highlighting Woodhouse® custom timber frame homes. Or, call 844-232-7340 for more information and to request our Welcome Package. NOW is always the best time to build … call to find out why.