Log Home and Timber Frame Construction: What Are The Differences?
Log home and timber frame home construction represent two very different styles of homes. The purpose of this page is to help educate you on the differences between styles.
Log Home Construction
- The exteriors cannot be finished with siding, brick or stone.
- The interior walls are the logs themselves. No flexible design options.
- These types of homes are difficult to wire for electricity.
Timber Frame Construction
- Exteriors can be finished in any way you wish including wood siding, composite siding, brick, stone or even log siding.
- Interior walls offer very flexible design options.
- This style is easy to wire for electricity.
- Requires no more maintenance than a conventionally built home.
We began our tradition of crafting the very best timber frame and post and beam homes in 1979. By using the finest materials and providing the highest level of personal service Woodhouse® The Timber Frame Company has set the industry standard for quality and client satisfaction in timber frame home design.